On Friday we (Waylon, Hailey (my niece) and I ) went to the Zoo! It was a great Freebie I had heard about and we took advantage of it, even though it was HOT. Every Friday in May the zoo gave you 2 Free admissions when you showed your Fry's VIP card. So we got up early and packed lunches, snacks and drinks galore and headed out to the zoo about 8:30 Friday morning. We would have been able to leave a little earlier, but Waylon was testing his terrible two fits out for Hailey and I and he postponed out departure about 30 minutes.This was Waylon's first time to the Phoenix Zoo and I had not been in daylight in years so it was a lot of fun to see the animals, well all of them sleeping pretty much. There were plenty of fun things to see though. I love that the zoo has little splash zones now, so you have a chance to cool down and get wet. We took advantage of this and it was fun, until Waylon got pushed over by a lovely young boy I would have chatted with had he not been so quick!! Little booger!
Here are a few shots taken by my great photographer Hailey that day of the animals and Waylon. It is nice to have some pictures with me and Waylon together, that are not set up. We had a lot of fun and I am glad Hailey was able to come along with us, Waylon and I enjoy her so much. Love you Hailey!
Sleeping Tigers
Mommy and Waylon on one of several Tractors we HAD to test drive.
Waylon in the petting zoo. Not so sure of these goats???
Waylon and Hailey were having a great time on the drive home. They sang songs, took pictures and Hailey did some video of silly Waylon too!

No comments:
Post a Comment