With this being a holiday weekend, Jake and I make it a point in our neighborhood to stay home, because it is quiet. We enjoy our neighbors greatly, but it is also nice to have a quiet neighborhood too! So as everyone packs up their toys we plan our weekend out here. Jake stayed home with Waylon and I on both Saturday and Sunday and we ALL enjoyed ourselves a lot. Saturday was a lot of fun, we made a trip to the Children's Museum and then came home and went swimming and then played more in the water after we got home. It was a fun filled day all around.The Children's Museum is not so much a museum as it is a play place, but Waylon had a lot of fun. In fact when we pulled up he said "Tot Town" which is a play type place I take him to during the week, wierd he said that because he had not even been inside it yet. When we walked in though that is exactly what it reminded me of. There was some fun activities for him to do and he enjoyed running from one to another.
This was one of the stations I just held my breath on, because all I saw was a huge mess! But he loved it and I was so glad I had Daddy there to help me clean that mess up. Yep, if you look on the picture of just him, it is all over his foot, sandals and pants. Thank goodness it all comes out!!
This station was in a grocery store setting, what fun! They had a bunch of beans for the kids to scoop and it was great. They also had a whole store with carts and a check out station too! What great idea to save some of your old boxes and things for the kiddos to play store if they are in to that. :-)
There was also a noodle forest another fun station. This was the size of a large room where there were 100's of noodles hanging and you could just go through them, it was fun but has potentential to be quiet dangerous for kids who are too rough. Glad we went through with him, I am pretty sure he would have gotten trampled on if we hadn't. Then we came home and after a much needed nap, we went swimming and then played in the water at home! It was an all around great day that I will think of often.


Waylon and Daddy driving the car~!
I love my boys more than anything and this weekend it was multiplied! I love you boys!


No comments:
Post a Comment