I can not believe it is that time of year already!!! This year Waylon was off to his new sitter Brandy. Waylon had spent some time with Brandy the weeks prior to school, so the first full day was not bad at all. I even did ok.Waylon has spent the past two years with my mom "Gammie" on the days that I worked. Gammie usually only watches the little ones up to age 2 and now that Waylon is already past 2 it was time for him to start a new place. This was hard for all of us. Waylon loves going to Gammie's house and has such a great relationship with her that I was not sure I was going to find anything better. Well we could never replace Gammie, but we found a great fit for him.
Late in the school year last year, I recieved an e-mail about someone who was interested in providing a preschool/daycare in their home for the upcoming school year...so after a lot of research and visiting time with Brandy, we decided this was the next step for Waylon.
Brandy has two children that attend the school I teach at and she lives less than a mile away from school. I love that Waylon is so close to me while I am at work. Brandy does a wonderful job with Waylon and has 3 or 4 other children there too they are all close in age. She has a lunch menu and lesson plans out everyday so I know what Waylon has learned that day. Waylon really enjoys Brandy and her family...but he misses Gammie, because he often will ask if we can go see Gammie and Archer (one of the little boys she watches)

No comments:
Post a Comment