Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blog Blog Blog

OK so it has been a little while and my camera and brain are full of blogs to do...So I am going to do one big blog to get them all down. First of all Waylon has been doing really well at Brandy's. She has so many fun things to do, sometimes I wish I was there too! The picture above is from this week, they made Fruit Loop necklaces. We took a picture before he ate it as a snack when he came home. As you can see he was very proud of his new edible necklace.

A couple of weeks ago they made Play-dough, so we came home and made some that weekend. What fun! This is something Waylon and I have been playing with a lot lately. He will sit and play with it and watch me make many things. I do not know who is having more fun Mommy making all kinds of things or Waylon telling mommy to make this and that for him to crush!


Play-Dough Recipe
3 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
1 Tbsp cream of tarter
2 pkgs of kool-aid
2 cups warm water
3 Tbsp of oil

Mix Dry ingredients 1st and then add wet ingredients. Mix well. You may need more flour to make the right consistency. Play-dough lasts for about 6 weeks in a zip lock bag or a container.

Have Fun!

Another thing Waylon and I have been doing this past week is getting ready for Halloween. I know it is WAY to early...but you see Waylon has had a small fear of masks and people in costumes so I thought I would start preparing him early on how FUN Halloween can be. So we went to the Library last Friday and got a bunch of Halloween books. (I also did this because come October, these books will all be checked out!) So we have been doing little pumpkin activities with one of the books and then playing with some masks. Now the masks, I actually got from a friend of mine at school. She gave me an old Dinosaur Unit and I thought the masks would be fun for Waylon to play with and boy was I right..although he calls them Helmets..We need to adjust them better so he can actually play with them, but he gets so excited it is just to much fun!

I love that picture, even though his face is covered you can tell there is a huge smile on his face!

Waylon has also been a busy birthday party boy! We have spent the last two weekends at birthday parties at a place called PUMP IT UP. This is an indoor bounce house place. It is a lot of fun and Waylon has a great time. He has also got the hang of birthday parties: Waylon would say, "You play, eat pizza and then have cake!" Our first party was for our good friends and neighbors next door and then last weekend for our two cousins Hudson and Gavin. I just hope Waylon doesn't get any ideas about going here every weekend.

I know, coupons....?? Well it is Labor Day weekend...and there are some great sales. However, this time I did not save huge...Sorry no 89% this time. I will say our Freezer is stocked and we have crab again!!!! My advice this week...Albertson's King Crab is $6.99lb!! This is the lowest I have seen it all year...we got 8lbs because that is all I can stuff in my freezer right now. Another good tip is Fry's is taking competitors coupons (no Target though) and quadrupling manufacture ones up to $1....I just don't have the time to really get into all the freebies..but I did get some...Paper towels, mustard (2) and I think one other thing too, but I can not remember.

OK so that is the end of my long blog... Have a great long Labor Day weekend everyone.

The Pickards

No comments:

Post a Comment