Sunday, November 29, 2009

Time Flies When Your Having Fun!


Ok so I know this is not the best picture...quality wise, but there is an amazing story behind it. I can not believe it has already been a few weeks since this picture but time is flying by.
A few weeks ago we had a great weekend filled with lots of family time and we had a blast! We spent the last nice weekend just a few miles north of our house at Lake Pleasant in our trailer. We took Waylon on the last camping trip for the season. It was great, because there was a lot of dirt for Waylon to kick and most importantly we were camping! We took a few quad rides, went down by the water, and just hung out together. I did not take many pictures but here are a few.
To end this great weekend we took Waylon up to the mall to see Santa. I had been talking to him about it all week, preping him for what it would be like and what to say. I had no idea that he would have done everything so perfectly when the actual visit came. I wish I would have had my video camera to capture this amazing day with him. Oh well my story here will forever be my memory of this day.
Now last year, Waylon was excited to see Santa because we went with our cousins and he was all for it, until it was his turn! Then he wanted nothing to do with it, so I was kind of planning on the same thing this year. Boy was I wrong! First, we walked up and stopped to check out Santa, not to close, but not to far away either. Then once daddy was there we waited in the very short line and then it was our turn. When I told Waylon, "ok go ahead it is your turn" he ran up to Santa and gave him the biggest hug, high five and knuckles. What an amazing smile on his face!! (the picture does capture that thank goodness) He was so excited and listened to everything Santa was asking him. He sat up in his lap and told Santa, "I have been good and would like a fire truck and a police car!" Santa was pretty impressed himself, with how well Waylon spoke to him and asked him if there was anything else like puzzels or books, and Waylon kindly declined and said "no thank you" I could not believe it this was just such a great trip for him. I told Santa, well he is doing great so I guess daddy and I do not need to be in the picture but Santa said of course you NEED to be in the picture.
Thank you Santa, what a great picture it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment