How cute is this picture! At the beginning of the month we actively started to potty train. I have been ready for a while, but was just waiting for those signs from Waylon. All I have to really say about this whole potty training experience is it is completely true (and so much easier) when THEY are ready to do it!We stayed home one day and just hung out in our big boy underwear, and had an easy reward system. I had first started with the sticker chart and praise stuff, but my child was not really into that. Then one day a kiddo at school gave me a container with M & M's and Hershey kisses in it for Teacher Appreciation Week, and an IDEA came to mind. Waylon fell for it hard and we have done wonderful ever since.
I had told him that every time he went potty in the big boy potty he got 2 M&M's and then when he went Poopies he got a Hershey kiss. That day he did both! He was so excited and so proud of himself that there really has been no turning back since then.
It has only been about 2 1/2 weeks and I am comfortable in saying he is potty trained! He still wears a Pull Up at night, but that is my own selfishness. I do not want to get up in the middle of the night to change sheets yet. We will try that when I am already getting up in a few more weeks with Baby Toni. I am not worried though, he makes it dry almost every morning and makes it through naps dry too.
Waylon even got his special ice cream from Gammie, a matchbox Truck from Grandma, and more ice cream from Papa and Grandma. I mean with Yummy Rewards like that who wouldn't be potty trained right? 

I am so proud of my little guy. Going out has not been a problem either. He goes just fine in a public place and it makes it so much easier because he stands too. Thanks to watching his cousin a few weeks ago he instantly wanted to go like Gavin! So that was another real easy transition.
Mommy is so proud of her little man! Way to go Baby!
Another thing he did earlier this month was his first haircut all by himself! He is just becoming such a big kid!

No comments:
Post a Comment