Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Busy Weekend

The greatest things in life are family, friends and love. This weekend had all of these wonderful things ALL weekend long!
Well even though this post comes a little late, the memories of this busy weekend are still very clear! We FINALLY got all of us together with all of our babies, and mind you we wasted no time. (Connor was one week old here!)

Remember that my best friend and I plus my sister were all pregnant together.
(uhh..AMEN this part is over!) The Babies are all here! Our Toni (July 1st)Ahna's Olivia (Aug. 4th) and Courtney's Connor (Sept. 9th) Here we are!!! Even with the little boys Waylon and Cooper.
Ahna and her family were visiting and we made it over one night and got our pictures.
Now they are not professional pictures by any means but like Ahna said in her blog, it is just practice for some amazing pictures later on, Right? Every time I see Ahna it is never enough time, I am so grateful to have her as a friend and be able to see her as often as I do especially with her living in Oregon now! But everytime I see her the time flies by so fast it was so wonderful to hang out as though nothing had changed, even though you can plainly see LIFE itself has changed grately for all of us in a wonderful way!
The next night was a wonderful night as well! DATE NIGHT!!!! Jake and I used to be really good at these nights, and we still are, but they are much fewer of these days anymore. We had planned this night months ago and bought some great tickets to see Brad Paisley. Even though the concert was at Cricket, it was still a really awesome show. We dropped the kids off for their fun nights with family and went out and had some much needed time with us together. I was proud of us, we managed to have a really good time and stayed out till about midnight...I even managed to sleep in until about 9 the next morning.

This was one of those bitter sweet weekends. It was a go go go weekend that wore us all out, but also one that had many things I miss. It used to be several years ago where our weekends were normally like this. We would hang out with frineds and family and go to great events like concerts or spend the whole day out on the lake. But.....Now our life is all about smiles and faces like these two....and I would not change it for anything in the world. I love the path that is my life so much

No comments:

Post a Comment