
October has been a very busy yet super fun month. I forget just how exciting the holidays are until you are around children. Waylon was so excited about Halloween this year and everyday he seemed to do something that was related to Halloween. When it came time to decorate he continued to decorate our house daily, as he moved things around in his own way. Once we got his costume he wanted to wear it at night time. So I had my hands full trying to do things that were fall related and that would not break my wallet either, because we all know he will want to do it again next year, so I needed to make my choices carefully.

One of things we did (I hate to admit it) but we went to
Schephfs Farm. Although this is NOTHING like the tradition I had as a kid going to my cousins farm (Young's Farm) it is one that will have to do for my kids until I find something better and maybe closer. Luckily, my cousin Trevor and his daughter have gone with us a few years and I do enjoy going with them so much. We have a great time. Even though this is not the best picture here is Waylon and
Kylee in the (so called) Pumpkin Patch...Great shot right? :-)

Then a few days later we bought our pumpkin. Now this is one of those things that I have changed tradition for a little bit...for a few reasons. We paint pumpkins instead of carve them..why??? Because I have a real hard time carving them, and this is usually the beginning of Jake's out of town rotation, so he is not always here to do the honors. So instead we paint them, plus Waylon is a Painter anyway...LOVES it so much..and to do it outside is even better for him. This masterpiece took him about an hour to do...Notice his smiley face in there...so cute..

Along with the painting this kiddo has done a lot of coloring. I may add to that he is getting excellent at it too! This is what he handed me one day. I saved it for his baby book. Not only did he draw the face on the pumpkin himself, but look at how well he stayed in the lines of this pumpkin!!! Amazing, oh and did I mention he used the right colors...ALL BY HIMSELF....

The great family photo on Halloween...Sorry this is the best we got..Our Lion and Bee..Waylon went Trick or Treating with Daddy this year and loved spending that time with him. He still tells daddy how much fun it was to trick or treat with him. I stayed back with the rest of the gang and Toni to hand out candy to the neighbors.

And of course we can not forget another reason to make Halloween exciting for a 3 year old...It is Daddy's Birthday (and Aunt Courtney's is the following day) So candy and Cake...who doesn't love that...Waylon decorated daddy's cake this year for him and of course helped him blow out the candles.

Waylon continues to do well with his letters. They completed H this week. I just had to take a picture of him in his "hat." They made hats on Wednesday out of newspaper..talk about a great way to entertain a bunch of kiddos without any cost to you...He loves this thing..!!! And it looks ridiculously cute on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment