Waylon and I have been on break for one week already and are LOVING our time together...We have really been into the sweets this week. We started on Sunday making our Christmas sugar cookies. This is the second year I have done them and I am getting better, but still have a hard time with these cookies. Waylon was in to helping me the first batch and then he and I lost our patience with each other and decided I would bake them and he would decorate them.
As you can tell he did a great job decorating them and never lost interest on this task as it was much more fun!..Then later that night we drove around our great neighborhood and enjoyed all the lights. Now that is one of the best Free things we have done (don't get me wrong the cookies were free this year and they were fun too). It was so great to hear his excitement as we looked at each of the houses and all the fun things he saw. He LOVED the houses that had music, mickey mouse or COLORFUL lights. If there would have been another me I would have loved to video tape those conversations with him. Daddy was working over time so he was unable to join us and we missed him, but appreciate all the work he does.
Then today we had our "neighbors" over for a SUPER FUN day! We managed to plan another fun filled day, with gingerbread houses with a TON of treats and a small gift exchange and then they had PB & J sandwiches shaped as snowmen. No worries Amy and I treated ourselves too we had some delicious crab dip (2nd year in a row) and yummy homemade chicken salad sandwiches.
Toni even had a great time. We love the way she watches these CRAZY boys. It seems that now more than ever, when the boys get together the house is FULL of noise and laughter! Toni enjoyed herself by the tree feeling it and looking at the pretty lights. She was practicing for Christmas morning, to see what all this present stuff is about. Still trying for a really great picture of her by the tree.
The first OFFICIAL picture of all the kids together~ This was pretty much Miss Toni's look at the CRAZY boys all morning!
Here is Waylon's finished Gingerbread house! Of course FILLED with Candy!
Oh the fun to come over the next 2 days I can not wait to blog about them!
Merry Christmas!







No comments:
Post a Comment