This year I saw a great commercial at Valentines day~and it has stuck with me a lot. "Valentine's Day is not about saying "I LOVE YOU" but about saying "I LOVE US"~I love how we have gone from strangers, to best friends and how we have grown together and made our family OURS" This year we celebrated US and the best part of US is these two angels and all their love!
Love is an amazing gift, and the love of your children is the best kind of love a mother receives. It happens as soon as you know there is a little person growing inside of you and continues "forever" for as long as you live. These two cutie pies of mine were my true joy this year. Waylon is really getting the hang of all these holidays and Toni just looks so cute in her outfits for the part. The picture above is moments before heading out the door Monday morning, I had to go to work this year on Valentines Day, but we managed to have a very festive weekend.We worked on Waylon's Valentines for his "friends" at Brandy's house. I wrote the names and he was able to trace his name out very well this year. It is so exciting to see and watch him learn how to do these grown up things that we all take for granted daily. Waylon can officially spell his name. He even takes the magnets from the fridge and arranges the letters to his name in the correct order. Good Job Waylon!
Then there was some fun treats to be made. Mommy had several items that were either free or less than a $1 for us to do that were fun. We had cookie mix that was left over from Christmas time that I had gotten for free and then I had picked up the candy hearts for less than $1. We also made these jello hearts for some more treats for Valentines Day too. I had all these items just sitting in the pantry ready to use from who knows how long ago.
I just wish Waylon had a little bit more of a sweet tooth...Because Mommy ate most of the goodies he just likes to MAKE them and then they sit here. Someone has to EAT them!
This he DID eat. Our 2nd Annual Pink Breakfast. This year he had pink milk, pink chocolate chip heat shaped pancakes and pink yogurt! This I did not eat!
Monday Morning~Happy Valentines Day!
Waylon had been patiently waiting for his Valentines Day heart shaped donut for breakfast. He was surprised to see he had also received some goodies from mommy.
I had a little box filled with candy, PEZ, and of course a new red car for him!
Love is AN AMAZING thing and I am blessed to be surrounded by it each and every day.







No comments:
Post a Comment