Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Toni is 11 months

Toni in her party dress for Waylon's birthday yesterday.
I am just shocked when I sit here and think we have one month and she will be 1 already!!! I just can not believe that much time has passed already.  Toni has done more this month than the past month and she is progressing along just fine, although she is still not crawling.  Waylon had hoped she would yesterday for his birthday but it was a no go.  Maybe before she is one?
This is how we see her most often. She loves to be on the floor and is very mobile, just not crawling.  She rolls and scoots from one place to another just fine but hopefully she will catch on that crawling is the faster way to go.  She no longer stays on the blankets with her toys for to long anymore.  That is always where she starts and then a few minutes later she is off to explore something else.
The other day she got to ride in brothers firetruck.  He was still asleep and I was cleaning the bathroom.  This was a great spot where she was so happy and loved being in his truck all on her own.  I don't think brother would have been so excited to see her loving his truck this much!
One thing Toni did start doing a couple of weeks ago, was go from laying down to sitting up on her own.  She has figured this is a somewhat easier way to get from place to place instead of rolling but it still takes a lot more effort than getting on all fours and just going.
She is also just starting to pull herself up too.  The objects need to be just the right height and very stable in order for this to work for her, but she is figuring it out pretty quickly. She loves to stand at this table because this is where all of our library books are so she likes to pick them up and check them out.
I do not have a picture but literally today she started to play peak a boo...She loves this! She sat at her highchair this morning for the longest time with her fists in her eyes. It wasn't until I said "where's Toni" that her hands quickly moved and her big brown eyes LIT UP with that super smile of hers.  As soon as her hands moved I said Peek-a-boo and she laughed.  We will have to get that on camera soon.
I had a hard time this morning getting pictures as she is moving all around and really does not want to sit and be all cute and pretty for me.  So this crazy shot will have to do for the month.
We take Waylon to the Dr. today for his 4 year old check up and then she will go next month for her 1 year check up..where does the time go?
Sedona, AZ June 1, 2002
PS-Today is Jake and I's 9th wedding anniversary....no blog about that just a picture.  I wrote something out, but it is just for Jake.
Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment