I sit here and look at what I just wrote and then look at my camera and think "no way is it December already and only a few weeks away from Christmas!" But it is and here we are...so sadly Thanksgiving there was not ONE picture taken and I never blogged about it. It was very nice and one of the few years we went to just one house and enjoyed our time. Although the guys all left right after we ate to go Elk hunting, so I guess Thanksgiving was a little short for us. November was hard because Jake was out of town working and then almost every weekend he was also on a job, scouting or hunting so we were together 4 days I think that whole month...So I guess I am just glad the month is over and the holidays are just around the corner.
Some December fun is already happening around here. We went and saw Santa and Toni struggled with it. Poor Waylon was a great sport but we all were just trying to get her to stop crying in the photo and this is the shot we got. Minus daddy but it is still a good one.
We have been working hard on getting all the decorations out and up. It took us two weeks to get everything done but the house (inside and out) looks beautiful. We even got SNOW the day we finished up which was totally awesome. We were so excited because it actually covered the rocks and Waylon was up long enough to see it. What a great memory.
![]() |
| This is what it looked like at 7:30 the next morning! So cool! |
We have also had a new addition/tradition join our family for the month! His name is Elfy and he is our official ELF ON THE SHELF. Elfy returns to the North Pole each night to report back to Santa about how Waylon was for the day. Then each morning he is in a new spot to watch over Waylon. This elf is pretty amazing, he really does KNOW everything! He has only been in places where Waylon can find him and also he appears in places where Toni cannot reach him. One of the main rules he has is if you touch him he will lose his Christmas magic and then be unable to report to Santa to tell him about how your day was. Elfy has been up high near lights or on top of the entertainment unit and he even was sitting in our Christmas village one morning!
Waylon's favorite place so far was Saturday's spot. You see, we watched the TV special all about Elf on a Shelf. He LOVED it and it was so fun to listen to him comment on the elf and ask questions and then during commercials he would get up and talk to the elf. The magic was amazing in the room. That night Waylon wanted to leave him (Elfy) some cookies and milk. So we left him some by the fireplace and we were all amazed that in the morning it was all gone and he had eaten the cookie and drank the milk. I guess Elfy was pretty Thankful for the treats as he left Waylon a note on his white board with magnet letters saying "Thanks" and a candy cane! What a surprise!!!
I probably could have done a whole blog just on him, but we are getting ready to do our gingerbread house today, cookies next weekend and we also have another foam house to build. So as you can see there is still PLENTY of Christmas fun to be had here at the Pickard's. Oh yeah and I did a guided drawing lesson with him yesterday on an Elf. Ahhhh why do I have to be working full time, this MOMMY JOB is SOOOOO much better than being a teacher right now.
Until the next blog~Enjoy
![]() |
| This is the first foam house Waylon and I did. We added it to our Christmas village as one of HIS houses to play with. |









No comments:
Post a Comment