Finally!! Toni is potty trained.
I started pushing it in October during our Fall break and the girl was no ready. She would sit on the potty as long as you would read but rarely went. She knew she could get several books out of you and just loved the one on one time. She refused to wear underwear and I was not going to have her just not wear them, so I paused on the issue for a while.
Thanksgiving came and she was ready. Brandy and I both had the first thing in the moring done and the after nap potty down, but she was not all the way there yet. So with the three or four day break we stayed at home and hung out in our underwear. It worked and she was amazing. She was doing everything on her own with needing just the help of getting on and off the toliet. I was so happy and so proud of her. So we gave it a few more weeks before we actually said she was potty trained!
I tried so hard to get a cute shot of her not only in her undies but Ariel ones which were almost impossible to find! I just adore this picture of her and her little tush...Watching for daddy.
So all in all she is doing great. Funny that I write this today as we are having a small set back, but hoping it is just a small flaw. On Christmas Eve she expierenced her first Atomatic FLUSH and she is not cool with going in public places for the moment. We have had several accidents due to this. I am hoping that the trouble she got into today and the amount of time she had to wait for "dry" pants will change her mind about this. Uhhh "it is just a stage" RIGHT?
Then there is the BIG GIRL BED! Jake and I had bought this for her months ago and again, finding the Ariel comforter and sheets was not easy to do but again we found those a few weeks ago online. So the first weekend of break we took the crib out and put in the big girl bed. I have to laugh because as a kid I got a DAYBED when I turned 13! It was a HUGE deal in my house and here my 2 year old gets it as her 1st BED. Hmmm...I love it though and the Ariel theme goes great with the already tropical theme she has in the room.
She was so excited!!! Absolutely LOVED IT!!! The only thing is it has been a week and she refuses to sleep under the covers. she wants only to sleep on Ariel. Oh well.
She has done great with this transition too. Only has fallen once out of bed and has done wonderful with staying in bed in the AM until someone comes to get her. Even if it is brother to watch shows. Can't believe my baby is out of her crib. However, I will admit I am super excited that I have no cribs or diapers in the house at this point. Yes!!! I do love this stage the most!
We are super proud of our TONI GIRL!








No comments:
Post a Comment