Well, camping was an adventure as always! My Dad and Laura (aka Papa and Grandma) came with us with their new trailer and let's just say the trailer was initiated for the first time! I have been camping with Jake a couple of times now, and it has never been what I plan it to be. We seem to get to a place and a whole adventure takes place and who knows what will happen and who we will meet.It all started on Friday morning with Jake and I having everything packed up and ready to go. We only left only 30 minutes later than we told my dad to get here. That is good for us! We left at 7:30 and as we pull into "the spot" that Jake had planned this entire trip around we see a sign that reads "Road Closed" That's OK we keep driving up a different road and reach another sign "Road Closed." At this point we have to turn these big trucks and trailers around, No Problem. (thankfully this time it was not) So we divert our trip from Munds Park to Mormon Lake.. We arrive and come across many more "Road Closed" signs. We did not know this at the time but it turns out that most roads are closed until May, WIERD?? We soon learn why.
Ahh , so we find an open place where there is another family camping. It is large enough so we pull in too. We will camp here!!! We soon come across a couple of problems...we get stuck, Dad gets stuck, and then the other family that tried to help get stuck. Thankfully, not all of us were stuck at the same time everytime. Well, after many hours of getting unstuck and then stuck again the guys send Jake into town to find some locals to help us with something more powerful than our trucks! Oh course Jake goes to a small town bar and finds two wonderful troopers to join us and pull us out of our big messes. However, I guess the urge was too great and one of them also got stuck in the process. I think Laura and I counted a total of close to 7 times that everyone got stuck. 



Meanwhile, Waylon is being so great just loving being outside. He had hardly eaten and not really taken a nap that day, but just to be outside with Daddy was enough to make his day! He was great. To top it all of it was Grandma birthday too! We did get a chance to celebrate with some oh so fantastic brownines that I made! I think they were my best ever. Happy Birthday Grandma!


The next day was much better and more relaxing
Saturday was a day of pure relaxing, well as much as you can chasing Waylon away from mud puddles and water. We rode the quad around just up and down the road with Waylon sandwiched in between Jake and I. Waylon LOVED this, he would say "I RIDE THE QUAD!" most of the time we were on it.
We also did a little pre Easter egg hunting. This year Waylon will be doing this with his cousins so I want him to know what is going on, so I thought this would be great practice. He loved this event too. " I find this one and find another one" were two phrases he said repeatedly. Here are some shots of him finding his eggs.
We also did a little pre Easter egg hunting. This year Waylon will be doing this with his cousins so I want him to know what is going on, so I thought this would be great practice. He loved this event too. " I find this one and find another one" were two phrases he said repeatedly. Here are some shots of him finding his eggs.

All in all the trip was memoriable and most importantly our family was together and safe. We had a wonderful time on Waylon's 1st official camping trip. As Waylon would say, "Bye, Bye Camping!"

Ok so when are we going camping because I totally want to see all of this in real life!
ReplyDelete