Monday, April 20, 2009

Coupon Nerd Part 2~Long but worth it!


Well as many of you know, I am beginning to do as much saving and couponing as I can these days. I can't believe I did not start doing some of this stuff early, to think of all money we could have saved. Many of these tips I get from the blogs on the right, please check them out and see what is new on them if you are interested.

This blog is about Freebies at Wal-Mart. I came across one of my blogs and went through the deals and then my coupons. I made my list and checked it twice, and boy did it pay off. I even made money off an error I made! Go figure! This list was a lot of random items (mind you I got the info from another blog, I do not have this much time to do all of this, heck I do not know how they do)

My List
Pounce cat treats $1.52
I had $1.50/2 coupon (basically BOGO deal or .75 each)

Sauve Deoderant- $0.94
I used a $.75 coupon from Smart Source
$0.19 after coupon

Vitamin Water--$1.00
Use $1/1 from 4/5 SmartSource insert

Free after coupon


No Nonsense Ultra Sheer pantyhose--$1.00
Use $1/1 from 3/29 SmartSource insert
Free after coupon I found a 4 pack too that was clearanced to $1.00!!

Halls Cough Drops 30 ct.--$1.18
Use free coupon from 3/29 SmartSource insert J
Free after coupon

KY Jelly 2 oz.--$2.57
I have a $2.00 coupon
$0.57 after coupon

Muir Glen Tomato Sauce or Diced Tomatoes--$1.57
Use $1/1 printable
$0.57 after coupon

Betty Crocker Pouch Potatoes--$0.78
I had a $0.25 coupon
$0.53 after coupon

Benefiber drink mixes--$2.50
Use $2 coupon from 4/5 Smartsource inserts
$0.50 after coupon

Yoplait Yo-Plus Yogurt 4 packs--$2.12
Use $1.50/1 printable here (firefox) or here (IE)
$0.62 after coupon

Yo-Plus Yogurt 4 pk.--$2.12
Use $1/1 printable
$1.12 after coupon

These two had two different printable coupons, I am sorry I do not know how to link it for you so I know you can not print them. But because these were different prices I used both on two seperate packages.

If you are keeping a total so far I am at $5.10 with 3 FREE items and a total of 12 items.

That's not all!!!!
I added a few of my own Freebies or almost Frees to the list.

Sexy Curves Mascara $6.47
A coupon in All You magazine- For FREE-Only at Wal-mart-

Thanks to my neighbor for the tip on this awesome magazine!!! It is about $2.30 and you get over $50.00 in coupons!!! Most of the time more, this month there is $75 bucks in coupons!

NYC Color-nail polish $1.00 off
another coupon from the All You magazine and this one was also in this weeks paper so I will use it again.
Original Price $1.72 minus the coupon brings you to a $0.72 nail polish!

Total now...$5.82 4 Free items and 14 items total

My total for all this before coupons and tax....$37.45

My toal after coupons aprox. $6.17 w/tax

Amazing!!!! I am so proud of myself... I made a mistake too and made $2.00 off it, so it was worth the extra trip... I had purchased Pringles chips and thought they were $1.00 each and then I was going to use a coupon to get them for $0.50 each...well once I figured it out at home I saw the chips were not a $1.00 each but $2.34 a piece. So I took them back, no problem. They returned the cash to me without question. I made $2 bucks because they did not count the coupons I had used on them orginally. So I only had paid about $1.84 a piece.

So not only did I learn do your homework, make a list, check it twice, but also to check your reciepts too!!

Happy Couponing from one Nerd to another!


I made a good run to Walgreens but maybe I will share that another day...it is not nearly as exciting as this one.

1 comment: