
I can not believe that our little guy is 2 years old already! It amazes me everyday how much he learns and how smart he is. (I am not just saying that either!) As I am writing this he is in his bed not napping and I can hear him playing with his new tractor & trailer but he is laying down and playing quietly, so I will take the quiet time I get. Because I know these naptimes are not going to last forever. Which makes me very sad.
Over the past year Waylon has grown up so much and can not even begin to imagine how much he will change over this next year.
Things I love about Waylon right NOW
(in no particular order)
1) He loves to sing and blurts out in song at any given moment. Some of his greatest hits right now are: If you're happy and you know it, Old MacDonald, Bingo, ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, and then there are some hits from the radio too that he sings along with or knows the song..Like Keith Urban's Sweet Thing, Waylon calls this song Sweet Babe. George Straight's Write this down, and Jason Alden's Country..are just a few that come to mind.
2) I love that you can have a conversation (well kind of) with him. You can ask him a question and he will answer you or tell you what he wants. That is after he repeats your question a few times 1st.
3) He understands you, If he is looking for something, you can tell him where in the house it is, and he will go and get it.
4) I love that he is around his family so much and LOVES each and everyone of them. He know everyone by name and talks about them often when they are gone.
5) I almost love that he almost has his molars. I can not wait to stop cutting everything up into bite size pieces. He is getting there, and I can not wait for him to have all his teeth, although I think that will be a while still.
6) I love that Jake calls Waylon "buddy" and Waylon will come up to Jake and say "hi Buddy" just like daddy says to him. On that same note, I call him "baby" and he comes up to me and says, " Hi, baby"
7) His vocabulary is HUGE mainly because he loves to look at books. He is awesome, because when we go to the library we will get a bunch of books on one topic and he learns all about those items quickly. We got a bunch of books a few weeks ago about Trucks! He pointed out a CAR TRANSPORTER the other day!!! Amazing!!! He also knows the difference between a back hoe, dump truck, tow truck and so many others.
8) One he is doing right now! He trys to get my attention while he is in his crib, he will yell at the top of his lungs.. Hi Mommy...to see if I answer. I don't, not nearly like daddy does at night time. But he trys and trys...sometimes you will even hear him say, "go to sleep" because if I do say anything back to him, that is what I would say.
9) I really love that Waylon is such a great eater and goes to sleep well too!! We get complemented on that a lot and I think we just got lucky. Waylon has very few foods he will not eat or is allergic to. He trys anything and likes most of it. Then when it is time for bed he goes down so easily without any fuss and it is AWESOME!!!
10) I love most that he is still my Baby. He still needs me and most of the time I can still hold him and rock him to calm him down. This is another thing I love dearly and it makes me very sad that someday this will not be something he needs. So I make sure to hold him just a little longer these days and kiss him a few extra times.
Time has gone by so fast already, I do not want to forget a single moment of him being little! It will only be for a little while and only ONE time. I love this little guy more than anything!
Happy Birthday Baby!
Waylon's Birthday Party Yesterday
We had a small (well as small as our family can get, party for him yesterday) We did not do a huge party like we did last year for him. I think it was way too much for the little guy, so this year we tried to do just a little less and next year maybe we will just do cake and presents. Waylon had a great time seeing his cousins and his faimly. He got some great presents that I know he will be playing with for a long time to come. Thank you so much` Here are some pictures from yesterdays party.
Waylon with his cousins Gavin and Hudson!
Waylon and his new Car from Gammie, Aunt Corty and Uncle Jon
Waylon eating his Birthday cake or as he called it his Pake!
Waylon and Papa with his new Trike~Go radio flyer~
Waylon's cousin Kylie~she loves her Baby Waylon
This was Waylon's present from Mommy and Daddy, that we gave him this morning for his birthday! He loves it

He is seriously the cutest boy ever!! and I can't believe he is 2 already!! Such a big boy!!! He is so fun to be around (when he is behaving of course :)
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!
Cort
Such a great post. It's so nice to be able to hold them and cuddle with them...
ReplyDelete