Sunday, December 13, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Well Waylon is officially in his big boy bed! I do not know why this transition is so much harder for me than it is for him, but it is. No matter what he will always be my baby even if he is a big boy!

Yesterday Jake and I spend a good part of our day getting Waylon's room all ready while he was spending a fun day with Grandma and Grandpa! We put all kinds of stickers and a border up in his room, all Lightening McQueen themed. He even got a new table in his room too. We knew he would just love it.

I had originally picked out big boy stuff over a year ago when Mervyn's was going out of buisness to match his nursery theme of planes. I should have know that was not a life time theme but we got the new stuff cheaper than the other items and we also have a back up. I am sure we will need another set in a few more months when it comes to another big transition of potty training. Now that is one transition I will be very ok with!

When Waylon came home yesterday he was thrilled and so shocked to see all of his stuff in his new room. Soon it was time for bed, he did great. Daddy laid in the bed with him for about a half an hour or so and then we let him be. Told him, no wondering around and that he still needed to call for us if he needed us. After we put him down at 8 around 9:15-9:30 I think he finally fell asleep. He did great!!! Me on the other hand did horriable. I was listening all night and the fact that his yucky cough is coming back a little again did not help last night. I heard every time he moved or coughed last night. He woke up this morning at his normal time and called for us and had a great big smile on his face when I went to go and get him. He said, "Daddy loves me I did so good in my big boy bed." I told him we were very proud of him.

One great night down and many more to go! Here is to my official big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment