Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Cleaning or Nesting?

I have found a blog that I have been inspired by this week and with great timing. We are having a community garage sale this weekend and this year we are putting a lot out. The blog is Living Simply: http://moneysavingmom.com/category/living-simply She has A LOT of great deals as well as tips on here and thanks to my neighbor yet again, I have found another jewel.

I was up crazy hours the other night cleaning like a crazy woman. We have not been home for several weekends and my housework is catching up with me. But with Baby Toni on the way and lots to do this was great fun for me. I know wierd right? Pregnancy is a wonderful and clean thing in this house.

So the first night I read this blog I immediately cleaned my pantry and reorganized it. Took extra boxes out and removed anything (that I could) that was not needed. (sorry no picture of this one)

Then I started to clean my kitchen and opened cupboard and reorganized them and removed so many coffee cups and extra cups I think that have NEVER been used. Plus this was great because it made room for our bottles that will be all around. This way I do not have a counter top full of bottles! Yeah.
Then I moved over to the next cabniet and did it also.
Then I cleaned Toni's room and the Hall closet too.










I also cleaned out the Fridge (still need to do the Freezer though) and some more cabniets were also done yesterday. I must have really been a working machine yesterday because Waylon told Daddy that "he and I worked all day" and usually that is something he does with just Daddy. He was a great helper yesterday though.
So with my garage almost ready for the big sale in the morning (that is tonight's job) and my house looking better every day...this gal is a pretty happy one right now...I will let you know how the sale goes and maybe post some pictures on that. I would like to use the money from it to get Toni's room finished.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally in a cleaning phase too!! Its hard since my house is under construction but I'm working on the stuff I can. I have computer room and closet done, hall closet done and guest bathroom done (minus the tile of course). Tomorrow I'm working on cleaning and gutting Chris's room to make room for baby. I have been throwing EVERYTHING out we don't need. I will have to check out this blog though!! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete