Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Frugal Man!

We all know how frugal I am but I bet you did not know that Jake is REALLY great at it too. He often calls me from places to see if there is a coupon he should use before buying something. His best efforts though have come from Craigs List. He seems to know just the right things to look for and finds just the right people to get this great . Over the past year we have gotten some amazing things to really finish off our home. Some that I can think of are Christmas trees, leather couches and chairs, racks for above our garage doors for storage and this weekend he found some patio furniture.
I did not get a before shot of this furniture, but as you can tell it is pretty amazing all finished. Jake got this table and six chairs and a bar too for our (almost done) patio. He restained and clear coated them and they look great! He got all of these items valued at over $1400 for $250! Way to go...I bet the lady would have kept these items if she could see them now.


Jake continues to work very hard on the yard and it still has a little ways to go, but it sure is coming along very nicely. A couple of weeks ago he mowed the yard for the first time! The yard is holding up really well. We are struggling with some of our trees but all in all it looks amazing. It is so nice to go out on the back porch and actually look at our yard we have been talking about for so many years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment