We came home from the hospital on the 3rd of July, which was exactly what Jake and I wanted. I made sure that day, that no matter what, I looked like I felt like a million bucks and ready to go home. The nurses thought for sure I would be there just one more night, but we managed to sweet talk our Dr. (whom we love!) into letting us get out of there.
So we made it home with our family of 4 and had a nice quiet evening with just us. Even though Waylon was VERY WELL cared for we were ALL so glad to be HOME! The first few nights went well with Toni, Waylon hardly woke up and Toni got up almost exactly every 2 hours to feed. Now our days on the other hand, have been nice. We try to keep Waylon's schedule as close to the same as possible. Which for now has been working well. With all the sleeping Toni does she allows Waylon and I to still do many things together without her being in my arms all the time. Many times she is napping when we are eating and then when she is eating Waylon and I read together, which I Love doing with him.
Grandma D and Papa came by to see Toni as soon as they could as well.
My sister and Jon came over to make us dinner one night, and my cousin (along with her family) were amazingly in town from Oregon. It was perfect timing and I was so glad she came.
My niece, who was in Florida when Toni arrived FINALLY got to meet her BABY Girl cousin. Can you tell she is in love with her. She spent the whole day with us and we can't wait for her to come back, she is not only a great help with both the kids, she is great company for me too.
Then yesterday we made a visit to my grandparents to show off Toni and to see my Great Aunt Jen too! Grandma loves to hold the babies and Toni was perfect as grandma held her. Grandma told me to keep booties on her feet and she would not cry...I told grandma I was going to just pass her to her (grandma) because she was silent and in awe as grandma held her.Waylon has also been keeping busy and LOVES all the visitors too. He and Jake have been going out for quad rides and enjoying Popsicles together. Waylon has also just been hanging around being silly and loving his new baby sister too. 
Life is Good!!! Every single day we count our blessings, of being together and having our newest blessing with us.

Life is Good!!! Every single day we count our blessings, of being together and having our newest blessing with us. We look forward to everyone meeting Toni and all of your future visits with OUR FAMILY!
Love,
The Pickard's



No comments:
Post a Comment