Half of the year has gone by already!!! Really??? She was 6 months old on New Year's Day. She has done a lot this month to show how much she is growing.
Right before Christmas break she finally began sleeping through the night. We did the "cry out" method and decided that this was the best time. Like my best friend said it only took 4 days!!! Should have done it earlier too, I was so worried about Waylon's sleep, but it never even bothered nor woke him up at all. Yeah! So she is finally sleeping well and through the night. Now the past week we have had a little bit of teething trouble but nothing we are worried about and she really has only had one night that has been bad so far. For the most part she wakes up and cries for only a few minutes and then goes back to sleep without us having to get up to check on her.
She is spending some good quality time with her cousin Connor who seems to be catching up to her even though she is 10 weeks older.
Another thing she is doing so well is eating. I have made pears, apples, peas, squash, bananas and sweet potatoes and she has eaten them all. So for the time being with my time off and good sale timing she is stocked up with food in the freezer for a while. I am really enjoying that the the food she is eating is homemade by mommy! She eats barley and about 6-8 oz of formula about 4 times a day.
She is grabbing things and beginning to play with objects more too. I love to watch her watch her world. She LOVES to be where ever we are and especially LOVES her brother. He is more fun than I am most days for her. She wants to watch him and have me hold her. I guess she is pretty smart, because she is asking for the best of both worlds right? Speaking of grabbing things...she is getting the hang of holding on to her bottle more too...She gets very impatient when her timer goes off to eat inside of her. No matter how hard I try I am NEVER fast enough for her...so she typically gets her bottle while I am making the rest of her food...(and I am just defrosting it)..she is catching on that if she wants to eat RIGHT NOW it is up to her to get that bottle to her mouth. :-)
Christmas night we came home and her outfit was a mess, all she had to do was eat before bath...so I had her finish in just her diaper. Surprisingly she was warm..NOT like her Mommy there.
My sweet baby and her 6 month Happy photo...Brother was out on a quad ride with daddy when we did this one, so no pics of the two of them on her actual 6 month. Notice the cute bows she is starting to wear too thanks to Aunt Courty.. Thanks
She has a little bear like Waylon. She is really starting to love her "Missy Bear" Waylon picked this out for her and brought it to her the day he came to meet her at the hospital. He loves her so much and even told me today, "Mommy I am so glad we have a Baby."
We ALL Love YOU so much baby girl and are so very proud of everything you have done this month. So she went to the Dr. today and she is weighing in at 17.8 pounds! ( I was exactly right!) and then she went through a growth spurt and is now 27 inches long! Last time she was 24. She got 4 shots in her leg and one oral one. Within those shots she also got her first flu shot. Dr. seemed pretty satisfied with her development but wants to start watching her on sitting up soon with little support. Sooo more time on the floor for us!







No comments:
Post a Comment