One thing I think about first when I think about Waylon is coloring! This kiddo LOVES to color. He has about 7 coloring books and to look at the pages he did when he first started coloring a lot, to now, it is truly amazing at just how great he is at this task. I mean not to completely brag but seriously I have a few third graders that do not color as nicely as him. He stays in the lines and and colors many objects the colors they are supposed to be. He also loves to make things colorful, so if it has a lot of potential to be colorful that is his first choice to color.
Another thing that I love about him is how wonderful he is at being a big brother. I knew when I was pregnant with Toni that he would be good at it, but I truly had no idea he would be this good. Not once has he ever said things like "take her back or I don't want her anymore." He truly Loves her more and more everyday just like the rest of us. He helps whenever he can to play with her on the floor or to give her toys throughout the whole day. Thank goodness he is such a great big brother because she adores him and watches him more carefully than me most times.
Waylon has been working on his alphabet since the first of the school year and continues to amaze me at this topic too. Each week we start a new letter and we really do not spend a whole lot of time with it but he does at Brandy's during the week (and by that I mean the 2 1/2 days he is there). Well, it is really sinking in with him because last night I was pointing to different letters and he knew what they all were. I am so proud of him and am really hoping to start some pre reading skills this summer with him.
Puzzles are another fun thing that he enjoys doing and is getting better at them every day. He has several puzzels that I would say are on the medium side. He does them well with just verbal help. He listens very well at directions and knows that all the flat pieces go first and then we work on the inside pieces. He can remember what the picture looks like after only doing it maybe once or twice.
With that said his memory is another thing that impresses me daily. Just a few weeks ago we saw my cousin Eric and his two sons, whom Waylon has not seen since April. Waylon proceeds to tell me that yes he remembers Ethan (Eric's son) because they road on a train together. I had to really think about it and then remembered that we had gone to the Train Park with the whole family and that the boys had indeed road the train together. This is just one of MANY examples of his amazing memory, let's just say I really need to be careful about everything I say and do because he remembers them all.
The last thing I will leave you with about Waylon is his fashion right now. Waylon has always been really good at knowing what goes with what and dresses himself well. I guess that is where his memory comes in to play. However, lately his trend has been backwards, literally. He puts on either his shirt or pants and sometimes both on backwards. Most of the time it does not bother me unless we are going somewhere, then I have to talk him into changing a little. What cracks me up with this his whole reasoning in why he is backwards for the day as everyday there is a different method to his maddness. The other day he told me he was a race car and his shirt needed to be on backwards so that people could see him when he passed by them so fast. He had a Lightning McQueen shirt on. (I know right, he only has 90% of them in his wardrobe)Waylon is such an amazing 3 almost 4 year old who amazes me daily and makes me laugh so much throughout our days together. I really wish I could bottle up each and every memory I make with him as they are always my best medicine for the day! I love you handsome boy and mommy is and always will be so proud of you!





No comments:
Post a Comment