Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Easter

What a busy Easter we had this year, but as always it was filled with family and lots of fun!  Waylon and I started by making an Easter bunny cake.  This was a cake I remember my mom making once or twice when I was a kid and now I know why ;-)
This was round two of the cake, the first one crumbled when I pulled it out of the cake pans and I really thought I was going to cry. Luckily I had bought two cake mixes and was able to make another shortly after the crumble of the first. So while Waylon and Toni napped this day, I cut it out and put the frosting on. (which was not very fun to do) I also got all the icing such as the whiskers, his coconut ears and nose put together so that Waylon just had to put the jellybeans on.  Boy oh boy did he put the jeallybeans on.
This was Waylon's cake and he did great!

Next it was time to paint eggs. Waylon did this almost all by himself this year.  He was able to get them out of the cups using the dippers pretty much on his own.  Well his tongue sticking out helped some too I am sure. 
Then he carefully took stickers and made a belt around each of the eggs.  This took him a long time and was all his idea. Again, he did great. This is one of his 6-7 eggs he did.
Here are Toni and Waylon's baskets! I love the Easter bunny, each year he knows exactly what to give my kids and as always this year did another great job.
Toni got a duck with two books that she is loving because they have pictures of kitties in them and she also got one egg filled with her favorite snacks (little puffs!)
Waylon got A LOT! He got eggs filled with jeallybeans and M & M's he also got a bunny, toy car, toy plane, fruit snacks, a pirate coloring book and a Chocolate Bunny! 
Waylon barely made it in to get me at 6:45 in the morning before he ran to the basket and saw he had a Pirate coloring book and then he was off to explore what else was in his basket this year. So glad I had cleaned my floors the day before because he was litterally eating off of them that morning.

The morning was lazy, but fun with just our family.  We did two egg hunts as practice runs with Waylon before he was to do the big hunt with his cousins that night.  Waylon really got the hang of it, but wanted to stay and watch Daddy hide the eggs or he also wanted to tell him exactly where to hide them.  So I guess he really did not get the whole hang of it yet? :-)
Then it was off to Papa Jeff's and Grandma Laura's house. Holy Cow these Easter baskets were like Christmas for the kids.  Hope they know what they have gotten themselves into because Waylon will remember this basket FOREVER!
There was TONS of stuff in here for him, but mostly toys which I was ok with. :-)
Waylon got a huge set of cars with this track and he LOVES playing with the cardboard box it came in as much as he loves those cars.
Connor and Toni also got HUGE baskets.
After getting so many pictures of the babies in the baskets Waylon thought he should get in too.
 The looks on these two's faces toward Waylon is just classic.
"Really you think you can fit in here too?"
Then it was off to the Pickard's.  Their yard was absolutely beautiful again this year and we spent almost the whole afternoon outside.
Toni and that special look she gives her daddy.
Waylon counting all his easter eggs from the 40 egg hunt. Not to shabby he found most on his own.
Then there is Grandpa's Tractor. HE LOVES this thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment