Sunday, May 1, 2011

Toni is 10 months

Toni 10 months old

These pictures never seem to drasticlly change, but still make me smile because they are my kiddos.
Toni and Waylon in his "rack truck" They both do not fit in here together only for the picture. But as you can tell Waylon thought this was so cool that she could sit in his truck with him.
Toni has reached 10 months old and is doing a lot in most areas but is still not crawling yet.  Which the doctor seemed a little concerned, but he was also about this concerned when she had not been rolling over a few months ago.  Thankfully, she is rolling because that is ALL she does to be mobile right now.  I guess I should not worry to much before I know it my time will be consumed with where she is and teaching her what things are ok and what is not in her huge world.

This is about as close as she gets to crawling.  Although it looks like she is well on her way, what you can't see is her left leg is still crossed.  She can not seem to rock herself enough to push her whole body forward into the crawling position and GO!  When she does get up on all fours she does not stay long and falls onto her stomach and then begins to roll and roll to where ever she needs to go.  I have even tried propping her up so that she can be in the crawling position but she seems to think that is not fun either. 

Toni has started eating a lot of finger foods.  She has had baked apples and pears in bite size pieces.  She has also had peas, carrots, corn and even chicken.   She does eat well most of the time, but is more of a "picky eater" than Waylon was.   She is becoming more opinionated in shaking her head when she does not want any more of her food or she SCREAMS! Which I LOVE!!!

This is the last picture of I have of her in her swing. :-(  She has officially grown out of it.  It creaked so much the last time I put her in it and would barely swing back and forth.  I am excited to have a little more space when the swing heads to Gammies house for new babies that she takes care of, but sad as some of the first big furniture of Baby Stuff starts to leave the house for good.

Toni and Waylon love being together.  Waylon had set up a blanket the other day for her with some toys for her to play with and he had started to pull some of her books out to read to her. I wish I had video of him reading these books to her, his words and story voice was so cute.  Waylon and I are really beginning to work hard on some pre reading skills so that soon maybe he will read to her. 
(He wants to be like Hudson and Read books too!-So thanks to his cousin we have a great motivation to read right now.  Thank goodness summer is almost here!)


Super happy girl in her cute shirt. "everyone loves a brown eyed girl"

Bye Bye see you next time! Only 2 more Months to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment