Summer Fun has started around here...Saturday we took the kids and my in-laws down to Tucson for a short but FUN trip. This is another one of those FREE rooms we got and had to use before the end of the month, so instead of staying for two nights we brought Grandma and Grandpa with us!
We went to the Pima Air Museum and the Titan Missile Museum.

This time Little Missy was not in my belly and enjoyed herself at the Museum too. It was hot that day and she did great, who wouldn't when you have brother, grandma, grandpa and Daddy to entertain you right?
One of the fighter jets that looks just like the ones in Top Gun.
A jet simulator that Waylon got to play in. This was all I could see from the ground of him sitting in the pilot seat.
Here he is in the jump seat. I am not sure what he liked more here the fact that there was a table right next to him or all the buttons. He said, "maybe you could eat breakfast if you sat in this seat here."
Then after the long drive (yeah right 2 hours) and the museum it was finally off to the HOTEL. I forget the little things that make kids so happy...a hotel and the fact it had a pool was AWESOME to Waylon. This was the only picture I could get of him because he was dancing around and being such a goofball. All he wanted was to go swimming and hang out at the hotel.
So here is little Missy in her swim suit getting ready for her first swim. So stinking cute she is...I love the rolls on her, it is even better when she sits down.
Waylon had to splash a while first before he was ready to get in...I am hoping that he gets a little more used to the water soon, because I want to put him in swimming lessons with an instructor and not me.
Toni with Daddy..
A splash pad they had near the pool too. This was fun for Waylon.
Here we are at the Titan Missile Museum the next day. This was very interesting and something I did not know was even there. We took a one hour tour and learned a lot about the missile and I even got to press the button in a mach launch.
This was the chair I sat in and pushed the button to launch the missile. It was neat, and interesting to see the old technology in this room. Even though it could still do the job if needed today dispite its age.
The missile is underground here. You can look down and see it in the silo.
We had watched a video before doing the tour of the silo and command center. It was 17 minutes long and Waylon watched and listened to the whole thing. I was impressed because when we walked out and began the tour he pointed out this jeep that was in the video which was a security jeep.
Waylon liked this tour, but did not understand a lot of it I am sure. He thought he was going to see a rocket and really really wanted to buy a rocket. Unfortunately there was no rocket for him to see nor was there one to buy either...Poor guy...oh well we stayed in a hotel with a POOL right?
Happy Summer Everyone, the fun is just starting over here many more blogs to come.














That picture of Toni with her Daddy is absolutely hilarious. She has the GREATEST look on her face! So cute!! Glad you guys had fun!
ReplyDelete