Jake and I have not had many date nights but this month we were SO Lucky to get 2 and They were AMAZING!!!! We have such great family around us that just adore our kids and would probably take them more often for us, but life is just so busy at times and date nights are not nearly as easy as they used to be...sigh...sniff...sniff..
Date Night #1
Kenny Chesney Concert
May 1st
Yep, that is how close we were! I told you these were amazing dates! Jake and I have not seen Kenny in 2 years and we had talked about not going but so glad we did. We have been to a lot of Kenny Concerts (I think we said this was our 5th?) and over the years they are very much the same and VERY predictable. However, they are still a lot of fun and a who doesn't love loud music!This year his show was different. We LOVED the changes he had made and really loved and appreciated the fact that his WHOLE show was LIVE. Two of the members in his band are Phoenix Boys so it is also fun for them and they always seemed PUMPED to be here in town. There was two or three times where Kenny throughout the show messed up (but in a good way) and you could tell it was live and a great time. We laughed one time because he sang one chorus part three times and he kept looking back at his band like he was telling them "play it again and I will sing the right verse this time" and finally he said "I like this verse we will sing the next verse next year since I can't get it right this year!" It was very real and I liked that, however, my favorite it ALWAYS when his band takes a break and the lights go low and HE SINGS. I could listen to him sing ALL NIGHT like that.
This was Billy Currington who opened for Kenny. He was great too also live and would love to see him again someday.
Date Night #2
Montelucia Resort
(aka for the old locals-La Posada Resort)
May 21st
This was our VIEW from the ROOM....!!
Camelback Mountain and the Pool.
This was an amazing room but the view and balcony was AWESOME.
The best part about this whole date night/day was that this amazing room was FREE. Remember when I said there are FEW (and I mean FEW perks to Jake being out of town) well this is one of them. He has saved over 250,000 points to get this $400+ a night room for us.
We were very proud of ourselves because we spent only $100 this whole time and that was a Really nice dinner alone at Houstons and then spent about $20 in drinks at the store to have the whole day instead of purchasing their $10-15 drinks (a piece). We packed a cooler of food and snacks so that we were never tempted by the food here. I can not imagine what some of these people spend at places like this...a sandwich that I had made Jake probably would have cost $17 down by the pool.
THAT IS CRAZY!
Our bathroom was HUGE..this is only 1/2 of it.
Here is the other half.
Our bedroom and sitting area. I did not get a picture of the balcony but it was Huge to. There was a table, two chairs and a lounge chair out there. Such a great place to watch people spend a lot of money and know we were spending close to nothing and having the same expierence.
I am so grateful we had this time together. I miss it though.. Dates like both of these make me miss US a lot. I would never ever change anything we have but do look forward to the days (someday) when we can start DATING again.
Thanks for two great dates in May honey...I love you!










No comments:
Post a Comment