Saturday, July 30, 2011

A camping we will go!

We finally made a camping trip this summer and Waylon is ready to go again already. We went camping with Jake's parents,  their dog and our family.  This was Toni's first camping trip and I think she is in love. This blog is mostly pictures as they tell better stories than I can here.  So enjoy.
Here is where Toni was placed as we unloaded the gear.  She did not nap in the afternoon that day, nor did Waylon.  They both knew it was going to be a fun day and she was so excited to be outside in her bed!

This was one of those things I thought to bring and am so glad I did as it was a huge hit. With Toni not walking yet she was a big fan of the wagon.  The spot where we camp has a great dirt road that Waylon would just pull her back and forth on.  He was so great about it and did great pulling her a lot.

Toni also got her first quad ride on this trip with Grandpa.  She had been riding in the wagon and was getting sleepy so grandpa brought her back on the quad which kinda woke her up some because it was so cool to be on the quad. 
Rain Rain also got to come along on this trip. She is 13 years old and this was her first trip camping too.  Waylon was thrilled to have her as a playmate, well kind of. She doesn't really play that much any more but it sure was fun to poor dirt on her.  Poor dog

Because Waylon was so great about pulling Toni around Daddy pulled Waylon on longer rides in the wagon using the quad. Only a dad would think of this right?  All I thought was it was going to be dusty for him, but he was fine.
Ahh the I love being dirty pictures...don't worry he gets a lot worse a little later.
Toni the second afternoon after fighting and fighting a nap, this is how I caught her.  I placed on her back and let her have  a much more relaxing nap after I took her picture of course. :-)
Here was our set up of camp.  Another thing I brought that I was so glad I did was the gate/coral for Toni to be in. Worked out well for all of us.

Some things never change.  Two years ago I have a picture of Waylon doing this same thing kicking and kicking the dirt.  This faze of being a race car and racing in the dirt might last a lot longer than I had thought it would.
Oh gosh look at those hands.  Jake said his shower this night was so grose he had dirt in so many places and still did not get all the way clean.  Clean enough for camping though.

Here is a kind of cool shot of the dog in front of the camp fire one night as we were roasting marshmellows.
Yummy! Someone loves these!
Toni even got to stay up and hang out with Grandma by the fire this night.
One of our quad rides we had found an elk skeleton.  The boys gathered it all up and put it together and gave Waylon a little mini lesson on the parts of an Elk.  I totally thought I got a picture of the whole thing put together but I did not...rats!
Waylon did a lot of riding with Daddy and began to learn the basics of quad riding with daddy already.

The ride home! We were all soo tired...but had such a great time! Great memories on this trip.
Here are some friends we had near our camp sight. They liked one of Toni's toys that had a counting cow song on it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment