Saturday, August 27, 2011

Toni is Walking

I can't even begin to think how much I need to write, I am shocked that it has almost been a month since I have posted!  Things have been really busy around here and not in the way I would prefer them to be.  Most of you know I had to go back to work full time this year and I am already done with my 3rd week but 2nd week with students.  I am still not sure what to think about the whole working full time gig but I do know I am missing a lot with MY kids and it eats me up EVERY day!! I know it will be getting easier but Toni literally took her first steps to me a week ago Thursday which normally would have been a day off for me. Waylon is also writing his name correctly all by himself and his drawings continue to amaze me. 
   Alright the Pity Party is over, let's share what has indeed been going on around here!  First Way back in Mid July, Waylon completed his swimming lessons with flying colors.  I wish we could have done more, as he was more than ready for the next step.  Next summer we are hoping to do several weeks of swim lessons with both kids.
We also celebrated my Grandpa's 90th Birthday!  He sure doesn't look or act it that is for sure.  What a great picture of him, you can see how proud he is of his family.
We love you Grandpa Happy Birthday!
Dad and Toni and Aunt Jen and Elenor are hanging out with Waylon for Grandpa's birthday.  Waylon sure loves Aunt Jen and always has some great things to say to her.
Then the weekend before I went to school Waylon and I did a Learn and Grow together at Lowe's.  I will admit this is something Daddy is Way better at, the project was cute but I could not get the nails in without bending them and I DID the whole project not Waylon. He promptly came home and wanted to paint this one and painted it all GREEN.  I have it sitting on my desk at school. :-)
The First Day of School.
I try to take pictures of me on the first day of school, but it gets hard and Waylon did not want to be in it this year he wanted to play in his room a few more minutes.  So this is what I got, just Toni and I. I am sure next year it will be whole different story as Waylon will be coming to school with me and going to Kindergarten. Oh my he is already so excited for it.
My first day was hard not being with Sherri and having FULL responsibility again of a class.  The day went fine though and even got better when Jake walked into my classroom with these Flowers for me~! I was so shocked  and they smelled amazing and lasted not only the whole week at school but through the weekend too!
Not the best picture but you get the idea that she is just about there! Yep Toni is standing on her own and taking quite a few steps these days.  I adore that huge smile on her face when she sees how proud and excited we are for her.  She is so lucky because she has not only Jake and I cheering her on but Waylon is always right there to see every first she does too and he always expresses how proud he is of her and she LOVES him for it!
Here is a cute video of her walking and then squatting down and STANDING back up to continue her walking to daddy!!!                                                      
Then there is Waylon's new haircut. I had to laugh when we walked in this time, he totally had his own opinion of what he wanted and just talked and talked to the lady that cut his hair.  Now I have yet to buy the gel that we need to make this cool do for him, but he sure loved it that day. Once I do buy it this week though he needs to learn to do his own hair, which I am sure might be its own funny story.
I hope it is not another month before I post again. I prefer to document my family events on time and as much as possible. Ahna is coming to visit in a couple of days so all of our kids will be together and that is more than blog worthy.  The question is how soon will I have time to post it... Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment