Friday, November 11, 2011

Annual Schnepf's Farm and Happy Halloween!

Trevor and I took the kids to Schnepf's Farm for year #3 this year.  We had Courtney, Jon and Connor come along too, as this was a family event.  Kylie and Waylon started of holding hands as they discussed where we were all going to go first.
Well we walked to a dog show first and watched some pretty amazing dog tricks and then were off to fun and rides. Kylie wanted to do a rollercoaster and Waylon decided against it.  So he and I went across the way to these airplane rides which he remembered from last year. It was kind of bitter sweet he was the only kid on these planes and LOVED it and rode it twice. He won't be able to ride it again next year as he will be to big for the ride. :-(
    Then this was another thing the kids loved but is so much work for the adults.  Luckily, Trevor had help this year and Jon went with him. Don't they look like the happy couple out there :-) Court and I got a kick of watching them with the kids out there while we stayed with the two little ones.
While we were waiting Toni and Connor decided they too wanted to hold hands like the big kids. Okay, Connor was the one who wanted to hold hands, Toni is still not so sure of this Holding Hands "thing" especially with the boys.
What a difference a year makes. Everyone had someone to hang out with and we all had so much fun. I thought we would be there for a couple of hours and we were there for more than half of the day and then ventured off too lunch afterwards. 

This was the best of the pictures I got of the kids minus Toni. She was having a melt down at this point. Considering how hot and late it was, I don't blame her.

So she sat on the sidelines and watched us TRY to take pictures of everyone.

Then on our way out we did face painting this year! Waylon wanted a witch and this is what she turned out to look like.  Sadly she was gone by the time we made it home because he fell asleep and she disappeared quickly.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


Well Halloween has come and gone around here and I will say having kids it is one of my favorite holidays now.  Seems as soon as the month of October gets here we need to do HALLOWEEN things.  So as you can see from the last blog we had many pictures and crafts throughout the month to do. Not to mention all fun Brandy did with them too.  Everyday was something exciting in the month of October this year.  We went shopping today and already have some fun things to do NEXT October that I bought for 80% off. ( I am really wanting to go and get more~)
Waylon was a pirate this year. He really wanted to be "Jake" from the Disney show Jake and the Neverland Pirates. However, they did not make a costume for that and most likely I would not have bought it due to how much I can only imagine it would have cost. We found this costume early in the year and he was satisfied so here was his $10 costume with his $1 sword (which was and still is the best part) The sword was not given to him until Halloween because I did not want it to break and amazingly here we are in November and it still works! Best $1 I spent on the costume.

Then there was Toni and Connor.  These two actually dressed up this year and rode around in the wagon as we took Waylon trick or treating and did great.  Toni was a cat although with her orange socks many thought she was a penguin.  Connor was Yoda, which has been one of Courtney's dreams for a LONG time. He was definitely the perfect size and the cutest he could have been in this costume.

Waylon did great Trick or Treating this year. He even went up to several houses that were pretty creepy but he really liked checking them out and seeing what they had to give to him.
There was a pretty big crowd in front of our house watching the trick or treaters as it is also a birthday celebration for Jake and Courtney. We did have a lot of family over. My Grandpa was even there and he did really well, and I hope he enjoyed coming over and watching all the fun the kids had on Halloween.

To another year to two of my favorite people.
Happy Birthday you two and Happy Halloween everyone!
Hold on here come the HOLIDAYS~

No comments:

Post a Comment