Saturday, October 22, 2011

Just a few things that are FUN in OCTOBER

Wow! This has been a crazy busy month and we still have one more week to go!  We started off as soon as it was October 1st. Waylon requested pumpkins to paint and the decorations to go up around the house. So we did! Toni was able to participate this year in the painting of the pumpkins although she got most of her paint in her hair and on her face.
I did not get a picture of the final product because the paint I got was water based and so naturally it dried and peeled. We could have painted a different pumpkin each day if we wanted but the time has gone by so fast that it has set on the kitchen table in its peeling state and no one has said another word about it.
Toni's hair is getting so long and I am at a loss most mornings of what to do with it. She hates to have her hair done and shakes her head anytime I try to do her hair. Once it is up, thankfully, she does leave it alone and you can see her pretty face, but getting there is tough.  On this day I got her hair in pig tails and she looked super cute it was a Picture perfect moment.

Then it was off to Sedona for a weekend!
We hung out this year with Papa Waylon and Grandma D all alone this year in the condo. It was very quiet and we missed everyone else being up there with us this year.  However, I enjoyed it, as at the time my grandmother was not doing well.  I really enjoyed spending this quality time with Jake's grandparents this year and made some great memories with them and kids.
Waylon and Grandma D made some blueberry smoothies together after dinner one night.  Waylon loves to help in the kitchen and more so when a Grandma is involved. His face was classic after he scarfed his down, he looks like the Joker in Batman.
The weather could not have been more beautiful while we were there. We spent a lot of time outside on the grass or down by the creek tossing rocks in.
Our annual family picture. I can't believe how big everyone is getting.
Grandma and Papa with their Grandson and  2 of their Great Grandchildren.
Thanks for another wonderful trip in the fall. I believe this year was Jake and I's 11th  year going together, and we would not have missed it.
The next weekend was Camping!!!!
Toni being silly! Her new favorite thing to do in the car is putting Missy Bear on her head. This is super funny for her.
Jake and Waylon had left about 1 o'clock to go up ahead of time and set up camp for us. Toni and I went up after I got out of school with my in-laws in the motorhome. Other than the huge accident that Jake got stuck behind and caused them to take the Sedona exit and go through Shniebly Hill Road.  Which then caused a 2 hour delay for them. Jake and Waylon made it to camp about an hour or so ahead of us and it took them 5 hours to get there. Waylon was awesome!!
 
Two hansome boys that joined us for the ride on the way up in the motor home.

Toni always had one of the boys with her "watching" her. I love that they all adore her so much. I hope that the bond between her and all the boys around her is strong one forever.
 Hudson was picking flowers for his mom here and showing Toni how to place them in the cart that she pushed around almost the whole time. Thank goodness for crapy outside toys and camping!
Now this is NOT a crappy toy, but a must at camping. The wagon was a huge hit last time we went camping and was still tons of fun for the kids this time around. It kept them all busy for a while, we never even hooked it to the quad this time.
Waylon and Toni.
 I love how beautiful this weekend was too, notice the changing leaves in the background. I have not seen that in years and it was so wonderful.
We went on a quad ride while Grandma Pam stayed with Toni during her nap. (thank you!) We came across this spot not to far from camp. It was so pretty I look forward to going back to that spot again someday.
A family (minus Toni) shot at that beautiful spot.
Here they are the 3 Amigos! They have grown up a lot since the last picture like this. What are we going to do when they all can't fit back there anymore?
A few extra things going on...

Toni  has started to eat her snack at the snack table with Waylon.  This is still something she is being trained on, but she thinks it is pretty cool to sit with brother.  She sometimes colors with him too, with the crayons. I m wondering how long I will be able to keep his crayons and markers out like we have. Toni is quite the pistol and prefers to do her OWN thing and makes EVERYONE know that this is what SHE wants.  She is most definately my spunky monkey or FIRECRACKER!

Waylon drew this Halloween picture yesterday and I am in love yet again with what he has created.   He drew all things that are Halloween, a green Witch, a haunted house, a pumpkin, a full moon, and my favorite a bat. (although it sure looks like a ghost.)  So wonderful and again I am so proud of his love for creating things, coloring, and drawing pictures. Now if I could just support his need for paper addiction, because he goes through A LOT of paper to make his perfect pictures.
 Waylon is studying his letters again this year at Brandy's.  He came home with this plant the other day and almost two weeks later it is still growing.  I do this same thing with my third graders and it is so much fun to watch it grow. Waylon loves to talk about his plant at dinner and waters it very carefully. 
Then last but not least, this week was "Ii" so they made Igloo's out of marshmellows.  This was the perfect thing for him to do as he LOVES to build right now.  He has the large lego blocks and spends a lot of his time in his room building houses for his cars. (I really should take some pictures of these too)  Most of the time they are two story houses because this is what he things is super cool right now.  These houses often have garages, and many different rooms.  He stacks books to make different levels and is always so proud of how HUGE his new house is that he built for McMissle (from Cars2)
Well that is all for now, for the moment I am caught up. I miss my time with my kids more than I can ever put into words. So it is nice to write this blog and see all the fun things we are still doing together even though I am working full time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment