Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rawhide with the VanHorn's

This is one of those blogs were the pictures will speak more than I will, but all in all this was a FUN day that was not planned at all but what a wonderful time!
Eric was in town for a week and I was privilaged to see him 3x this visit. This was the first time we hung out and he called and litterally asked "what are you doing today?" mind you this was 10 AM and by 1 we were on our way to Rawhide! This was about an hour or so away from the house, but we jumped in the car napped a little and were pumped to see everyone when we got there!
Waylon being a gun fighter! Although he wanted NOTHING to do with the gun show! Oh well maybe next time. I won't complain to much that he did not want to see a shoot them up bang bang show this time. :-)
                                    
Then ETHAN WAS ARRESTED! Do you believe it? He was arrested on I believe it was 26 counts of whining! He had to sing "I am a little teapot" to get out but sadly the poor child did not know this song. So he gave this poor pitiful face as his mug shot.
Then was required to ride this wooden horse around yelling "ye haw" in front of everyone. He was such a great sport about it. Sawyer was a little scared of the whole thing holding on to Eric for dear life and Waylon just wanted to make sure that Ethan was going to come back soon. All in all it was good fun and gave all the adults a great laugh.
Toni enjoyed herself hanging out with all the boys. She did get to run around a little and even though she hardly napped that day she was smiling the whole time. I even got a few cute pictures of here without her serious face. Yeah. This is my Toni girl here!
.
                                                
Then we went to the petting zoo. Which was by far this little girls favorite. I have so many pictures of here with the animals these are literally just a few of the many pictures I took of here in the petting zoo.  She saw every animal in there and went up to each of them. She not only petted them, but also greeted each one with a sweet wave and "hi" She was just too cute, total Gammie quality in here with her love of animals.
                                       



This one is my favorite picture.

Then Waylon and Ethan took a ride on some Donkeys. This is another great picture that would make daddy proud. One hand on the horn the other up in the air with a number one. Total ham!

Our last stop for the day was Panning for Gold. Ethan got the most and did a great job. Sawyer was not sure what he was doing and Waylon got a few pieces but mostly just got dirty. While the boys were panning for gold Aunt Pat snuck in some Toni time with a small tickle fest. Like I said she was a happy girl all day which made it so much more fun.
We did get a great group shot too. What a fun unplanned day. Which typically turn out so much better than those you plan for way ahead of time. We managed to see Eric two more times during his trip and the kids got a lot of time to hang out together which is really important. I miss having them here but I sure do enjoy every time they come out because we always have a great time. We don't have to go anywhere either, the kiddos always give up plenty of entertainment.
Eric, Ethan, Colette, Toni, Waylon, Sawyer and Trevor.
Can't wait until you are HOME again!

No comments:

Post a Comment