Boy oh Boy do I love Christmas, not only the joy and excitement that kids bring to the entire experience but the time off is so needed by this time in the year and I would only want to be with my family.
I love these two weeks so much!
This year was a little tough because working full time has put a damper on my spirits anyway but having to have students up until the 22nd was just plain tough! However, now that I have done it, I would do it all over again because these two weeks, have been WONDERFUL with very little stress.
So Christmas was busy as always but so much fun. We started at my dad's house. Dad held the annual Christmas Eve dinner, which is usually held by my Aunt and Uncle, but with my grandmother passing this year we did it a little different. I think it was great to still be surrounded by family and share some fun times opening presents with the kids.
Here is a great picture of Waylon and his Great Grandfather with the $ he received from him. Such great smiles on both their faces, I just adore these two and will cherish this picture of them forever!
Then it was present time! Toni just enjoyed the box, but I really enjoyed all the great clothes she got inside the box and needed so badly. Thanks Dad and Laura!
A super cute picture of Toni and Daddy. Love these two <3
Waylon enjoyed this write and wipe book he got from Aunt Donna and Uncle Mike and I love it because it is more letter practice! Thanks you two :-)
Then afterwards we went over to my sister-in-laws house, and sadly I forgot my camera at my dad's! So I had no pictures of the fun times we had over there in their new home. Which I really LOVE they have done a great job with it. Plus this second stop on Christmas Eve is always Birthday fun for Grandma Pam because she has her birthday on the 24th. It was a lot of fun to hang out with everyone, wish I would have had pictures.
Thankfully, by the end of the night I was able to borrow My sister-in-law and brother-in-laws camera for Christmas morning. THANKS YOU GUYS!!!!!
So we went home and put out our Picture for Santa, milk, cookies and of course food for the reindeer.
I was so excited that Toni was able to help this year and was excited just because brother was.
Oh boy wait until NEXT year right?
WOW! Holly Smokes Santa came and left so many great things for these two.
You would think they were on the NICE or SUPER NICE list.
Waylon was pretty excited about several trucks he got this year.
However, this was an ambulance that he had asked for last year! Santa had to have run out because he did not get this last year. I think it was worth the wait, as this one was bigger than what he wanted and so much cooler according to him.
Toni really enjoyed playing with the kitchen.
Jake and I got the kitchen and food for them as their big gift from us.
They LOVE this and play so well together with it.
I have to share that when Waylon walked out on Christmas morning he said, " WOW! A kitchen, I always wanted one but never asked for one! How did Santa get this here?" I had told him that this was for Toni and him and that it was from Daddy and I. He looked at me with such a shocked face and said, "WOW you had to have a lot of money to get one of these!"
I guess so, thanks for the help Trevor :-)
Then it was off to Gammie's house Christmas morning. Jake had been diagnosed a week or so before with walking pneumonia and was still not feeling well at all, so he skipped my mom's. :-) We all missed him, but are glad he was also able to rest in a quite house too.
Gammie always finds such cool toys for the kiddos. Toni got this cute peek a boo bear that she plays with every morning. I know she is awake when I can here the bear and her playing in there.
Then Waylon got these two blue Fords from my mom. Of course he loves them and also plays every day with them. The kids also got some more great toys from Aunt Courtney and Uncle Jon too.
Connor opening his blocks from us, and Miss Toni is showing him how to do this whole unwrapping thing.


Then we went home for a little R&R and then later that afternoon we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house. More and MORE TOYS and fun. I truly don't know which was better for Waylon spending MORE time with his cousins or all these cool presents he got.
He got a portable DVD player for his room from Grandma and Grandpa! Computers for learning more letters, clothes, more trucks!!! WOW again these kids made out pretty amazingly.
This was a cute stool he got from his Aunt Cindy. I just love the look on his face!
Christmas is such a joy and blessing, but having children makes it 100 times better. I love and cherish these days more than anything. I am SO very grateful for such amazing family and love that surrounds us daily.
We hope you enjoyed your Christmas and hope that the New Year brings Great things.
Lots of Love,
The Pickard's
2011







No comments:
Post a Comment