Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I know this is not the BEST picture of my kids but this is the best that I got before a small melt down from Miss Toni. The kids got these cute bears from Grandma Laura and Papa Jeff last weekend.

I just LOVE Valentine's Day (AT HOME) ;-)   Last weekend we made sugar cookies and I must admit I think I am finally getting the hang of these cookies. I sure do struggle at Christmas time, but the hearts are much easier. Waylon was a great froster too, he did half of the batch and did a wonderful job. Here is one of his masterpieces that he made for Grandma Pam. He spent a lot of time with her this week due to my conference schedule. (Thanks bunches XOXO)
These are some fun cinnamon rolls I found on Pintrest (One of my new hobbies). Waylon LOVED these and thought I did a really nice job especially once they had pink frosting on them. I was pretty proud of myself for not only tring these, but I also did this on MONDAY morning, because I did not go to the store on Saturday like I had planned, to do them on Sunday.

<3 Then it was Valentine's Day <3
This is the set up I had for Waylon in the morning. It is a mush of things I have saved over the years and it has become quite the display. The name plates that the kids have were made by Skylar last year and I plan to use them every year for their morning present.
Waylon recieved two cars a Honda (like Grandpa Larry's) and a Mustang. He also got a box full of treats too with a fun clacker that was broken before the end of the day. I was totally OK with that being a one day of fun toy they kids recieved. :-)

Toni just got a slinky and a clacker too, but was very excited with her surprise on her chair for her. 

Toni checking out her goodies.

Waylon and his cars.
Breakfast was our heart doughnuts and some strawberries and grapes.
Then they headed to Brandy's to exchange valentines and had a super fun filled day with graphing candy hearts, decorating cookies and so much more for the day.
 We came home that night and made steaks, asparagus and potatoes on the grill. It was awesome and so tasty. Overall it was a sucessful day at the Pickard's.
This is another Pintrest idea that was tons of fun. Brandy had given Waylon a Valentine that was a glow stick and a note that said you make my heart glow. Well we came home that night and threw the glow stick in the bathtub and turned the lights out. WOW that made for so much fun and excitement at bathtime. I think we will have to do that again. I can totally see that as a Halloween thing too because we always have glowsticks that night.

Then there is my poor Toni. She is breaking through those back molars and they are giving us all a hard time. She has had a few nights where she just crys for hours and is so uncomfortable. However, she is also VERY dramatic about the whole thing too. This picture really shows how HUGE those poor teeth are and I do feel bad for her, but not after medicine and 4 hours of per crying fits.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE this Little one with every inch of my soul. But some of the drama she has is a little too much for me, especially when she shuts it off so quickly too at times.
Can't wait until that mouth is full of teeth and we can offically be done with teething. Right? Of course we all know that is when Waylon will probably loose a tooth and then we start all over...Uhhh Sigh..
Well we hope you all are doing well and had a great Valentine's Day. We are already planning and talking about GREEN DAY here and it is going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment