This is a post, that I knew would be here someday but I don't think I am ever really going to be READY to write it...so here it goes~I hope it is everything and more for you Aunt Jen with all my love to you forever and ever. I love you!
![]() |
| Aunt Jen with my Grandpa |
On January 6th the kids and I went to her house and picked her up about 11:30. We drove through McDonald's (because that is what the kids like~as she put it) and came back to my house for the day. Although at times it was a struggle for her to get into my Tahoe she just needed a step stool and all her might and by golly she got up there both times. I know it took every ounce out of her, but she would not have had it any other way. Anyway, we came back to the house and hung out and she listened to everything Waylon had to tell her. I am pretty sure he told her everything about his room, the toys he got for Christmas, and EVERY single car and truck he has, he told her all about them. The poor lady hardly got to ask a question before he moved on to the next thing to show her. Her eyes sparkled watching the two of my kids play and have so much fun. Toni even did some dancing for her with some of Waylon's cars that play music. Aunt Jen laughed and smiled so much that afternoon, I just love that that is how I will remember her! Only 10 short days later she passed away in her sleep at the age of 92.
I always made it appoint to her that I would come and see her on my days off from school. Every time we were at a family function she would always tell me to come by and not forget about her. (I don't think she will ever know how often I thought about her-that would be impossible to do for me) So if there was ever a break or summer vacation I made many dates with her. Most of the time it was with my grandparents too.
A few years ago when she turned 90 we (my sister, mom and I) started a tradition with her. We all got together to hang out for her birthday- this was something I know she treasured but am also pretty sure she never told a soul about either. So I appologize if I am blowing a huge secret but these were some of my fondest memories of her. The first year we all got together and went to lunch at Olive Garden, then the next year we went to Red Robin and then once everyone had kids and the party was big we had it at my house last year.
When I dropped her off this last time, we had planned to have her Birthday at my sister's new house this year. Her birthday is only a week away and I know we are still planning on getting together for her birthday and I plan to make her famous (well my favorite anyway) Peanut Butter Pie for her birthday at my sisters. I hope she can make it, because there will be a lot of love for her that day I know it.
When I was younger and she still lived in Illinois. I wrote to her often and I am pretty sure I still have all of the letters in a box too from her. I wrote to her when I first met Jake and she always told me how that letter she "knew" I was in trouble as she put it. I also remember calling her long distance from work the day after Jake proposed to me too. She was so thrilled and excited for us! She was there for everything and although she was not a fan of holding "babies" I do have pictures of her with both of my kids once they were managable as she put it.
Waylon adored her as much as I did and says random things about Aunt Jen some days. I know that is just little hellos from her so I don't forget about her. I often wonder now if she knows just how much I do think about her?
Aunt Jen you are and always will be very special to me. I miss you a lot and will always think of you. I know you are in a beautiful and peaceful place watching over us. I will love you always.





No comments:
Post a Comment