Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Green Day AKA St. Patrick's Day

Happy Green Day!  Our Day started off with our traditional GREEN breakfast this year. We made cinnamon rolls and green frosting and then had green grapes and apples too.  I forget how exciting cinnamon rolls are but my kids LOVE them...and they are easy to adjust for the holiday too.


Toni in her Green attire and head band. Although she did not wear it much throughout the day she sure looks cute here.

Here is a picture of Waylon and his favorite dog (aka Underdog) all dressed up for Green Day too. There green breakfast and all.
I forgot to mention (and take pictures too-Rats all my stuff is put away) all the fun they had a Brandy's the day before for Green day. She gave them lucky charms and a cute note that read "I am Lucky to have you" they also had a leprechaun who had hidden green coins for them over the past few weeks he brought them a surprise of Lucky Bucks and they also made these cute leprechaun
 out of their hand prints too.
So St. Patrick's Day was their 2nd Green Day-but just as fun.
We went to Anthem with Aunt Corty and Uncle Jon to play at the park with Connor and some friends.

Uncle Jon brought a ball to play with and Aunt Corty brought some bubbles too. Hmmm they were more prepared for the fun than I was. I totally wish I had brought Waylon's bike, oh well...

We also got to ride the train too..

Love this little girl and her smile.

Here are some tattoos they also got from Brandy. We stuck them all over us (Waylon and I) on Green day...
Then it was time for Green Day #3 with Amy and the Boys!!!!
This is them eating their annual green lunch. So fun because this year Toni was apart of the fun and she would really watch the boys carefully and then just laugh but I really think she had no clue what she was laughing at, she was just happy to be with the boys.  She would also follow them around while they were playing and just call for Waylon. You would hear her go from room to room calling "Way Way"

Then it was time for the Shamrock Scavenger Hunt. Here are the Boys and one Girl getting ready for the first clue. This is always fun but I think we need to get a little more creative as it seems to not be as exciting the older they get...hmmmm

The Prizes at the end are always a Hit though. This year they found a pot of gold with Pencils, flags, Silly String and more in it for them.
But wait there was MORE~~~ Over by the shop was little green hats filled with candy!!! Super Fun!

Ahh Yes the Silly String. We all have to do it, and the boys loved this. Thank goodness we had the candy because it was a great motivator for who got to eat their candy first. The first person to have the biggest ball when we were cleaning up got the first piece.


Then we finished off this year with Schubert ice cream and rainbow sprinkles. Yum!! I love Jason's big green hat. Another super fun green day here and gone. I look forward to this day not just for the kids sake but to see my neighbor Amy too! I miss having her next door. Until next time Neighbors~Happy Green Day

No comments:

Post a Comment