Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Oregon Not Just a Party NIGHT but WEEKEND!!!

OK so this blog as well as several others to follow comes REALLY REALLY late... We have been very busy packing and moving and the blogs unfortunately have not been done. However, here I sit in a different house that is our "home" for a little while wishing Jake was in town but is now out again.....and thinking of all these blogs...SO HERE I GO!
What a wonderful way to start my summer- A GIRLS TRIP!
This is not just any girls trip it was Toni's first time flying and we flew with my sister and her family to go to OREGON to see my best friend Ahna! I literally picked my check up from school and left an hour or two later to start my summer this way!!  Toni did wonderful on her flight I was so proud of her. I tried to do this during nap time, but it was to exciting and she was up the entire time. However, even through her "wee's" during some turbulence she was perfect and in my lap the whole 2 hours and something minutes.
We arrived at Ahna and Ryan's house just in time to start Friday Night Party Night...!!!This is their adorable house that was just amazing inside.  So this is nothing like the last party night I wrote about this is a WEEKEND and it was great because we were able to hang out and not be rushed for three days!  Sadly as much as we all wanted to get CRAZY silly we never really did, but we had so much fun we ate amazingly and kept a good pace during the early afternoon/evening of beverages and then played board games.
We went to parks in the neighborhood, an outdoor market (with awesome Polish food-thanks to my sister and brother in law for sharing that amazing stuff!), Multnomah Falls (WOW-so beautiful!), a book shop and a rose garden, and then Ahna and I went and got our toes done.
Sadly my sister and Ahna blogged about this so much better than me...so check out their blogs too :-)
Ahna and I at the rose garden in Washington Park. So Pretty here, it reminds me of the Butchart Gardens in Victoria, Canada.
The amazing Ward Family that took in all  of us for the long weekend! THANK YOU ;-)
Jon, Connor and Courtney at the Multnomah Falls. This was such a beautiful sight and had some pretty easy hiking that Toni did. I might have to get her into that, as she is so independent and LOVES being outside like her brother.

In between all the FUN we did have and place we DID go we also shared many sweet memories like this. These two girls reading with Ahna.
We even got an amazing rainstorm with some record rainfall if I remember correctly. The boomers were CRAZY!!!
We were just about out numbered and if we do this again we will be...5 brave adults in house with 4 kids for 3 days. This was so much fun, I am so glad Ahna and my family talked me into doing this. It has been a long time since we have this much time together and LOVED it as much as I love all of you! Thanks for a great way to start my summer!
PS Toni slept for most of the way home on the flight and did wonderful yet again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment