Saturday, December 22, 2012

Waylon Starts Kindergarten!


                                          
I cannot believe that this is being posted as late as is it but I guess life just happens and I am having a harder time keeping caught up with the blog. Here we are officially on Fall Break and I am writing about the first day!
Waylon started Kindergarten this year at my school Coyote Hills in the Peoria Unified School District. He was so excited to start which made it easier on me. I was excited until it actually got here and then my nerves took over and almost went out of control. The idea of having him so close to me was exciting yet terrifying at the same time. Jake was apart of the first day and made it to school in time to officially walk our "young man" to his classroom and spent about 15 minutes in the classroom with him. Then it was time to say their goodbyes so that Kindergarten could officially start. Up until this point Waylon was excited with some nerves, but then when it was really time to say goodbye he was nervous but pulled out his amazing brave card and gave his daddy a big hug with a little tighter squeeze than normal and walked back to his seat. Several other kiddos cried and our little guy did a great job of holding it together for his daddy.
I wish I could have been in there too with them, but I also had to start my day with my students so I had to change from Mommy to Mrs. Pickard quickly and begin my day. I was also brave as I walked past his room peeking in throughout the day. (he is literally down the hall, I can open my door and see his classroom) I never walked in to check on him and thankfully he never came to my room crying his eyes out either. As you can see by the picture below (sent to us from his teacher on the first day!) he blended in a began to show his true colors quickly. (he is the one on the far left back row)
Waylon has made a wonderful friend in his class named Wyatt. This is kind of funny because his mother and I met last year at the Kindergarten Round Up meeting and thought it was so cool that our boys had similar names. Well I guess the boys thought the same thing because the first day they were next to each other in line (because they lined up alphabetically) and became friends.
Even though this was not written on the first week of school like it should have been. I am still so proud of him every day. There are days I know he (and I ) miss the small days of Brandy with lots of smiles and hugs, but as we grow up we have many changes. This is a change for both of us on many levels. I think for the most part we are both doing fine and learning how to adjust to school.
I know Waylon will do wonderful I am ALWAYS proud of our little man! We love you Waylon and are so excited to see what you learn in Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment