Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer is Over!


Well summer is officially over and I am back at work. :-( This year was different than most years and I have Waylon to thank for that. Usually, over the summer I spend a lot of time thinking and planning about what I am going to do during the upcoming school year. Well, this year I did only a couple of hours the entire summer of work, and it was organizing a binder or two.

Waylon definately kept me busy during the summer this year. Looking back at all my blogs you can see why..we did a lot...the zoo, camping, tot town, busy bodies, a fire station tour and so many other fun days...I even managed to get a mini vacation in with Jake. All in all it was a great summer and of course it went by fast!

A couple of weeks ago, Hailey and I went back to the classroom with Sherri (my co-teacher) and we managed to set up our new classroom in a day. I was so excited to have that task done and out of the way before I actually went back to work. You know how it is, you show up with your own list of things to do and then they give you a list that is twice as long....so I was so happy to have it set up.

During our last weekend Waylon continued to ask daddy to go "camping" so we went on a quad ride one morning and he thought we were camping. It was too cute! Just north of our house are some great places to ride our quad and there was actually water flowing in one of the river beds below. This made for a perfect end to our "camping" trip because we took a little dip in the water to cool off. I know we are real high class, but Waylon loved it and that is what counts.

So good bye to summer days...I love them...now more than ever. Waylon kept me super busy and I am going to miss him when I go back to work. Ahhhh long Sigh........

1 comment: