Sunday, May 15, 2011

Many fun things for May!

Waylon came home the other day from Brandy's with a heart Muffin and this little teapot they made for me for Mother's Day. Inside the tea pot it read
 "Here's a gift for Mother's Day! I'll try my best in every way but when you get upset with me relax and have a cup of tea!"
He was so excited as you could tell, but I think more to eat the muffin with me than anything else.  
He is getting really good at tracing the letters of things.
Our annual Mother and Children shot..Not the best, but another memory in the book.
For Mother's Day we had another breakfast here at the house. 
A super cute picture of my cute girl.  She had just finished her new favorite. Noodles, peas carrots mixed with butternut squash.  Her face was twice as dirty as this but because it is orange sauce you can not see it nearly like you would if it were spaghetti sauce. WOW! she was a mess.
Waylon and I have one week left to go and then summer officially starts.  However, this weekend we started on some of the many things and ideas I have to keep the fun/learning going on over here.  I have so many ideas and so many fun blogs that I am reading that I really hope I can get it all in.
This was an activity that he did that was fun and put all those boy tools to use for him. He thought this was so cool and this shot was actually taken at 7:45 AM!  It was funny and cute because he worked and worked on this for the longest time and then decided he could not break it. However, once I told him to throw it down on the ground and break like I do with ice sometimes, he LIT UP and thought OK THIS IS GREAT... We have done this I think twice now and it is a big hit. (ha Literally!)
I have ideas and projects galore to keep us busy for the summer. My goal is to get Waylon reading small words, remembering all the letters and numbers he has gained this year at Brandy's and also do basic math skills with him over the summer.  I feel almost like a kindergarten teacher planning right now, since I am no longer planning for the 3rd graders. 
I LOVE planning for my class of ONE!
Well more and more to come I am sure...so stayed tuned to find out just all we do this summer it is going to be busy and FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment