My Grandmother was a spunky, completely stubborn, loving, and the most adorable little Italian lady I have ever known. I mean her name was Hazel Marie Lasagna before she married my Grandfather, how much more Italian can you be RIGHT?
I am completely honored to have known her and most importantly be able to call her
MY GRANDMOTHER.
She passed away recently on September 24th at the age of 91. She had a full and long life. She raised 4 children, and was married to my grandfather for over 70 years! Happily too, I might add. I can't think of a time these two were not holding hands as they walked slowly from one place to another. They occasionally yelled at one another but only because one could not hear the other. She was around to see 4 grandchildren, and was able to see each of them get married and have children. She had 7 great grandchildren.
I am at a loss of words as so many memories flood my thoughts right now. I can hear her laugh in each of these pictures and her smile is contagious. She always had something completely off guard to tell you and words of wisdom no one else would ever give to you but your grandmother.
Once I had children I saw a different side of her. She was always wanting to hold "the baby" she would rub their legs ever so gently and talk to them so sweetly. I never saw a baby cry while she held them. They always looked at her with such amazement and listened to EVERY word she spoke to them. She would tell me over and over to put "booties" on the baby and they won't cry. Even if it was 115 out she wanted booties on the baby.
This is my FAVORITE picture!
There are so many wonderful pictures of her and I hear a story behind each one. This one though will some up all the adorable pictures above of my dear sweet grandmother. She had a sign in her kitchen, that I read every time I was at her house. It read "Lord be patient, I'm coming." Now when I think back I think every time I read it I was thankful for the patience God had for my grandmother. I love you so much Grandma and think of you often. Kisses, smooches and hugs for always.

No comments:
Post a Comment